If you have intense food fears and weight loss anxiety…
If you feel overwhelmed, scared, powerless or ashamed about your weight issues…
If you have tried every diet on the market, but nothing sticks…I can help.
Or, more specifically, I can help you help yourself.
I’m a registered dietitian, a Diet Feeler (more on this later), a Certified MBTI® Administrator (a nationally renowned personality assessment), a health journalist, and a nutrition consultant for TheBestLife.com, based on the best-selling The Best Life by Bob Greene (Oprah Winfrey’s personal trainer).
I’m also the author of five health books including the What’s Your Diet Type? eBook series, The Salt Solution (Rodale, 2011), written with the editors of Prevention Magazine, and Drop 5 Pounds (Sterling, 2010), written with the editors of Good Housekeeping.
And I’m currently working on a Random House cookbook with the award-winning recipe site, Skinnytaste.
While I’m proud of each of these accomplishments, it’s really my history, my experiences and my life lessons that make me uniquely qualified to help you. Here’s my story.
My father is obese, and my childhood was fraught with weight worries via my mother. She didn’t want my two sisters and me to follow in our father’s unhealthy footsteps, so diets were a constant topic of discussion, and my dad’s inability to stay on one, a never-ending source of conflict.
I wanted to make darn sure I didn’t end up like my father, so naturally, I studied nutrition in college. Free from my mother’s food influence, I also started a full-blown love affair with eating. I discovered farmers’ markets, gourmet food stores and the world of culinary arts. Basically, I became a foodie.
Unfortunately, my love of food was always coupled with my fear of it. I would indulge in a decadent multi-course meal, and then survive on only bananas and lattes for the next few days to be sure I didn’t (God forbid) gain any weight. This cycle of indulgence and deprivation was a pervasive force in my food life for the next 10 years.
By my late twenties, my entire life was in shambles. My marriage was falling apart, my career was stagnant, I was in debt up to my eyeballs, and I was drinking WAY too much to hide from the pain that had become my life. I was an emotionally destructive and seriously dysfunctional mess.
At age 31, on the verge of a complete nervous breakdown, I hit the reset button on my life. My marriage ended (I left with a small bag of clothes and a huge hole in my heart), and I rebuilt my life (and myself) from the ground up. I worked hard to heal my broken self, and boy, am I glad I did. Now, it’s 10 years later, and my life is BIGGER and better than I ever thought possible.
- I enjoy a clean-eating and food-loving life without guilt or fear (can you say, Hallelujah!).
- I have an incredibly supportive partner who I just adore (he loved me way before I loved myself).
- I explore the world (I love discovering new cultures and cuisines), I give back, and I live with deep gratitude.
- And I have a thriving career I’m passionate about (I help women build healthy lives they love, I write for top health magazines, I work with Oprah’s peeps, and I’ve published several nutrition books— not too shabby!).
Is my life perfect? No way. Do I still struggle? You bet. But what I’ve learned has changed the way I live—now it can change yours, too.
This is the get-slim (and get-happy!) secret sauce—it’s the magical solution you’ve been dreaming about—and it is, truly, the only way to rid yourself of your weight issues forever.
You’ll find I’m not like other dietitians. I am a food lover AND a health nut. I don’t believe in diets or deprivation, and I think exercise should be pleasurable, not punitive. In my weight-loss world, you can have your (chocolate ganache) cake and eat it too…and still lose the weight.
My Smaller Size Bigger Life weight loss program is meant for women who are ready to make serious changes in their life. If you’re looking for a fast-fix or the latest fad diet, I can’t help you. But if you want lasting weight loss, a healthy lifestyle, and freedom from your food demons—if you’re ready to get real about your weight issues—you’re in the right place.
Women are also natural communicators, and a woman who is free from her food and weight fears, is free to spread love in the world. She is able to become more of who she really is, and to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
And believe me, this BIGGER life in a smaller size is 100% possible for you.
- Download my “Smaller size. Bigger life.” guide here. This free eBook is jam packed with resources to start you on your journey, including a Skinnytaste meal plan.
- A free 3-minute quiz based on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator—a nationally renowned personality test—that will help you find your unique Diet Type. Knowing who you are is the most important information you can have when it comes to losing weight, eating healthy and changing your lifestyle forever. Are you a passionate Diet Feeler (like me!), a responsible Diet Planner, an adaptable Diet Player, or an intellectual Diet Thinker? You’re just a few clicks from finding out. Plus, you’ll receive a free guide with more information about how your personality affects the way you eat, exercise and approach weight loss.
- My blog is packed with actionable weight loss advice, personal development tools, and healthy-living inspiration.
Check it out here.
I’ll be launching an online version of my signature Smaller Size Bigger Life weight loss program in 2014. These online spots will fill up quickly, so be sure to sign up for my email list below to be notified when the program is available.
Heather K. Jones is a registered dietitian, health journalist and the author of several nutrition books. Specializing in nutrition communications, weight management and behavior change therapy, Heather has spent the last 15 years assisting people who struggle with diet and food issues.
She is a nutrition consultant for The Best Life, a program based on the bestselling book by Bob Greene, Oprah’s personal trainer, and she is the author of the What’s Your Diet Type? eBook series, The Salt Solution (Rodale, 2011) and The Salt Solution Cookbook (Rodale, 2011), written with the editors of Prevention Magazine, Drop 5 Pounds (Sterling, 2010), written with the editors of Good Housekeeping, and 2-Week Turnaround Cookbook (Rodale, 2009).
She has also contributed to numerous health books including The Life You Want (Simon & Schuster, 2010), 2-Week Total Body Turnaround (Rodale, 2009), The Best Life Diet Cookbook (Simon & Schuster, 2008), and Restaurant Confidential (Workman, 2002).
Heather has had hundreds of articles published in healthy-living magazines, including SELF, Fitness, Redbook and more, and she is regularly featured as a nutrition expert in a variety of media outlets.
She also spent more than seven years working for the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) and its award-winning newsletter, Nutrition Action Healthletter.